In this ecommerce era, having a website is crucial for a business. However just having a website is not enough. If you want to reap maximum benefit from your site, it needs to have a high ranking on search engines. If your page doesn’t appear on the first two pages, preferably on the first page of Google results your prospective customers may not find your business but your competitors.
Making use of SEO is crucial to ensure that your site not only ranks high on search engines but that potential customers can easily find you on search engines. Your business will reap many benefits from SEO. Below are the major reasons why your website needs SEO
Top 10 reasons why your business website needs SEO
- Increased traffic– Research shows that users rarely click on the second page of search results. Your website therefore needs to appear on the first page of search results or you will remain invisible. You need SEO to attract potential customers to your website. Using SEO will help you get targeted traffic to your website. This means that you will get people who are actually interested in purchasing your product using keywords in your niche.
- High ROI– SEO delivers a higher ROI compared to other conventional types of advertising such as TV commercials. When done the right way, SEO has the potential to drive massive traffic too your website. In addition, SEO increases targeted traffic to your website. Users don’t just hear or see the advert when watching their favorite programs but are deliberately searching for the specific product or service. You are more likely to have more interested customers than when using other types of advertising.
- Evolving SEO for greater Prospects– The best aspect about SEO is that it is always evolving as the market and users evolve. Highly effective SEO can be evaluated, assessed and improved to meet the changing market trends. SEO can be changed to increase the ever-changing market demands. This means that you can SEO to keep ahead of the ever-changing market. As SEO techniques evolve, you are able to customize your website to meet the demands of potential customers and improve your business.
- Improve site’s usability– In addition to making your website easily navigable by search engines, SEO also helps make it easier for visitors to use and navigate your website. SEO consists of arranging links and reorganizing the site’s design to make the site navigable. This not only makes it easy and possible for search engines to crawl your site but for visitors to look for and find the information or pages they want on your website. SEO helps increase your site’s usability
- Build trust- People trust major search engines such as Google, Bing or Yahoo. When your website appears on the first page of a search engine, people will trust you. Earning your potential customer’s trust is crucial in this digital age. With the many websites online, you need to prove that you are trustworthy and genuine. SEO will help your website appear on the first page of search engines, which will consequently help potential customers trust your business. In addition having potential customers find useful information about your business on search engines as opposed to blogs or forums will build your customers trust about your business and product.
- Higher conversion rates- SEO consists of structuring your website, using keywords, indexing among other strategies to increase ranking and searchability. This makes your site and content relevant, attractive and searchable to potential users. This means that people who are genuinely looking for products in your niche will land on your site and make a purchase. Your business needs SEO to help potential customers find you on search engines wherever they are in the world.
- Competitive edge- Over 90% of people look for products and services online, many businesses are aware of the need to have an online presence to reach their potential customers. If your business is not online, you are losing on thousands of potential customers to your competitors when they search for your niche online. Building a website is important for your business, SEO is essential to increase search rankings and help you stay ahead of your competitors.
- Improve search ability- Implementing SEO increases the chances of your potential customers locating your business. Research shows that people use the internet to look for goods and services they want. Internet makes it convenient for people to find, review and purchase products online. Potential customers can locate your website from anywhere in the world using their mobile devices and make a purchase or inquire about your products or services. SEO tactics such as using keywords will increase your site’s searchability.
- Manage your business’s reputation online- Whether or not you like it, people are most likely talking about your business. By using SEO, you are making sure that people find useful information about your business and not unconstructive reviews and comments. You want people to find helpful information about your business when they search online.
- Brand recognition- SEO gives your business a competitive edge above your competitors. SEO gives you the ability to optimize your website and position your business as a leader in the industry. With the right strategies and techniques, you can increase your site’s ranking on search engine. You may be able to grow your business internationally. You can use SEO to optimize your website to help clients find you from all over the world, by just searching certain keywords related to your niche.
Your business website needs SEO now more than ever before. With the many people selling and marketing products and services similar to yours, you need to stand out from the crowd. SEO is not only affordable compared to other conventional advertising methods but will provide your business with more lasting results. As mentioned above, SEO is dynamic, meaning that you can strategize your website to meet the changing demands of your market.
SEO holds great potential for business owners. It’s one of the best decisions you can make to help move your business to the next level.